Thursday, August 9, 2007

Family Vacation















We took a small vacation this year, our first stop was the antique plane fly in, in Three Forks, MT. It is so cool to see all the old planes, and to know they are still flying them. This was also The first time my girls had the opportunity, to see a plane this close up. And it's always nice to have Papa around to show us all about the planes.


Our second stop was Virgina City, MT. Of course we have to stop at the gift shop first, and the girls get cowboy hats. As we walk down the street and look into all the windows, our next stop was the candy store, my girls love these type of candy stores, with the saltwater taffy (that they make in the front window, and give you a sample of it), and the loose candy that you can choose just what you want


Then everyone got to pet a horse, after walking around for awhile, we got back into the car and took off for Yellowstone National Park.


When we got into West Yellowstone, I was surprised to see so many people, the last time I had been there it was winter, and everyone was on snowmobiles.
Once in the park, we saw Elk (I took the pictures from a moving car, because there was such a huge traffic jam), and then we got to Old Faithful about 10 minutes before it went off, which is good because I don't think the girls, would have wanted to stand around a lot longer. After it was over, we went to the gift shop (I've seen less people in Vegas). After we eat we headed for the east entrance, on the way we saw buffalo, I made Keith take the pictures, because they buffalo were moving around and really close. He decided to get out of the car a bit and take some pictures. After that we had a wonderful drive. After we got out of the park and we were home we found out they closed the entrance/exit we left from the next day because of fires.
I Love my little family and love getting to spend time with my husband, and my girls. Now Keith will be going into his busy season with Vann's, and Destiny will be going back to school. So I'm glad we had this time together.
I hope everyone is having a great summer!!!

No comments: